Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Texas!

I got a break away and visited a friend of mine, Ali, in Fort Worth, Texas.  Our other friend, Christie flew in from Florida and met me at one of the Dallas airports. We had a lot of fun. They got me started on walking each day. I hadn't been able to walk long distances in almost a year due to plantar fasciitis. Ali's husband recently joined the army, was transferred to TX, and then was called to duty in Germany.  Ali is pregnant and due in May. It was fun doing some baby shopping with her.  I started on a baby blanket on the plane ride there and finished it on the plane ride home.
There is an entire Cajun section of their Walmart!





Cactus graffiti


Everything is big in Texas!

This table reminded me of Narnia



Ali

Christie










The baby blanket I made

One of our many walks


Ali's backyard

Awesome and famous bakery to stop at on the way to and from the airport

Heading home

I couldn't help but bring home the world's largest whoopie cushion!

No comments: