Saturday, August 17, 2013

August is going, going, gone...

The girls had swimming lessons into the first week of August.  I'm so proud of them.  Elyana learned a lot and Mikayla surprised me by being passed into the very last level of swimming! The only place she can go after that would be to join the swim team!  I love that the girls enjoy the water. The second week we attended American Heritage Girl (AHG) camp at the Gamehaven Boy Scout Reservation south of town.  I will have a separate blog post dedicated to all of those photos next.  In a day I am back at work planning for the 2013-14 school year.  I am teaching an additional class this year, an art class geared specifically for Kindergartners. I am still fine tuning that curriculum before I have to whip up lesson plans next week.
The girls finished up their summer math workbooks on the road this summer.
 
Elyana swimming to her teacher.


Mikayla swimming the length of the pool.

On the last day of swimming lessons, the girls and I went across the parking lot to one of their favorite parks to play.



On Mikayla's 10th birthday, we drove to Nate's hometown of Oakdale, WI for his high school class reunion.  On the way, we stopped at a Toys R Us for the girls to use some of their birthday gift cards.  Mikayla got herself a new scooter. Nate and I bought her roller skates. Elyana had to have Despicable Me Minion glasses. If I wore them on the first day of teaching, would I scare my kids?

Time to hang out with cousins!

Teaching little sister how to skate.

Getting the hang of it!

Priceless photo of the girls hanging out with Grandma watching tv.

No comments: