Elyana earned her fishing badge and Mikayla earned her archery and Art History badge. I taught the art badge. I did 6 different 45 minute sessions: God was the first artist (after all the bible uses the word "created" in Genesis, self-esteem and how to draw faces (we are created by God and are all unique), Van Gogh, Impressionism techniques, and a few art hikes with sketch boards.
Both girls had great times fishing, swimming, hiking, and playing games. (Grandparents, I know of a great Christmas present for the girls...some inexpensive fishing poles! I greatly enjoyed it as well.) The night Elyana came to camp, the girls older than Mikayla's group were earning their Toys and Games badge and put together a fun carnival for Elyana's group.
 |
| Mikayla made a new friend! |
 |
| Mikayla playing Kick the Can. |
 |
| Canoeing with Mikayla |
 |
| Mikayla doing a water color picture after a lesson on impressionism. |
 |
| Fishing! |
 |
| Mrs. Gisi (our AHG head coordinator) teaching Elyana's group fishing terms. |
 |
| Playing at the carnival. |
 |
| Elyana got to participate in a skit on how to dress appropriately for fishing. |
 |
| Snack Time! |
 |
| There were plenty of older girls who stayed to help teach and encourage the younger girls. I often found them giving Elyana piggy back rides. |
 |
| Playing on the obstacle course. |
 |
| Monarch catepillar near the lake we were fishing at. |
 |
| My friend, Michelle lent Elyana a fishing pole and was giving her tips. |
 |
| We saw lots of frogs at the lake. |
 |
| After having tons of fish nibble her worm off, she finally caught one! |
 |
| My brave Elyana even wanted to learn how to throw the fish back in. |
 |
| I created the craft for Elyana's group. I used plaster of paris with an IKEA fish ice cube tray. Glued on a magnet. |
 |
| The girls learning about the different kinds and colors of fish and their parts before painting. |
 |
| Snack time with fish cupcakes made by the older girls. |
No comments:
Post a Comment