I am holding onto the hope of spring around the corner. As a teacher, I know that as soon as spring hits, summer is quickly right behind it. It has been a long fall and winter with illness in our family. Since September, I have been on antibiotics 3 times for either a sinus infection or strep. I've had a few stomach bugs and colds too. The girls have missed quite a few days of school too. Currently Mikayla is home sick with a stomach bug/cold. I'm hoping she can get well in time to sing at her school talent show this Thursday morning. I am grateful that our illnesses have been quick and that we have great medical insurance and providers. I am grateful for Nate's job.
Last night, the tooth fairy had to visit both of our girls! Elyana lost her bottom front tooth (her second to have fallen out) while eating lunch at school. Mikayla lost hers in the wee hours of the morning when she threw up. Yes, I get the mom of the year award for "rescuing" her tooth from the toilet at 4 am!
We are all worn out here. However, I will hold my head high as we "March" into spring. I have come to love March ever since our wedding day and since Spring break is usually at the end of March. Of course we cannot forget that Easter is around the corner. I am reminded not only of the end of a long winter, but of the hope we have in Jesus. I cannot imagine anyone's life without Him especially when life hands you handfuls of lemons.
No comments:
Post a Comment