Sunday, September 2, 2012

American Heritage Girl Camp

I was nervous and excited for the girls to go to camp for the first time a few weeks ago.  Nervous because it was their first times ever camping. Also I was nervous because Nate was out of town for the week.  I had my mom come visit to help out.  We camped at the Boy Scout GameHaven Reservation Camp here in Rochester. Camp started early on a Monday morning with Elyana's unit. We worked on earning badges all day and ended the day with a fun campfire and delicious S mores sandwiched between fudge striped cookies.  Elyana was so excited to sleep in a tent as you can see in her picture below. Nate came to get Elyana the next morning after breakfast and dropped off Mikayla.  My mom stayed at home to watch Elyana and Nate left for his trip.  Mikayla worked on earning 3 badges Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  I was so excited to see her try so many new things!  I learned a lot and tried tons of new things too.  I led all 40 something girls throughout the week with crafts.  Our favorite was the smashed leaf journals we created from gathering various flowers and leafs on our many nature walks.
The girls playing on one of the many obstacles of the obstacle course.

Mikayla and her buddy Hannah.

Mikayla about to canoe for the first time!


So excited to sleep in a tent!

Walking to breakfast, or lunch, or dinner...

Mikayla liked archery so much!

I really liked shooting BB Guns.

Outside of Mikayla's tent.

Some of our smash leaf journals.

I was so nervous letting her learn to use a Swiss army knife.

Throwing tomahawks!



No comments: