Thursday, September 15, 2011

Flowers for Sale

One of Elyana's favorite books is Zinnia's Flower Garden. When last winter was finally coming to an end, she begged me to plant some zinnia seeds just like in her book. So we did and they grew tall. Of course, just like in the book, she wanted to sell them. Mikayla has always been scheming up ideas of things to sell and liked the idea also. So, before this colder fall weather hit and when I had a bit of down time, I helped the girls cut my zinnias into bouquets and tie pretty ribbons around them. Mikayla made the sign, they set up a table, and had a cow bell to help attract customers. I think the girls could sell almost anything at their location since we are one block from the city bus stop where everyone gets off from work at 4 and every 1/2 hour after. This location is probably what helped them sell ALL of the zinnias and make $6.50! They immediately split the profits. What I didn't expect and melted my heart, they each wanted to put $1.25 into a jar to save for the poor. Wow! I'm a proud momma!







No comments: