Friday, September 9, 2011

Becoming a Teacher

Well, I have prepped for months and finally had my first day of teaching. I'm teaching the elements of art on Mondays and an Exploring the World class on Wednesdays. I have 4 different classes altogether of 3-5 year olds. I've received a few incredible emails already from parents which has made me feel so welcome and appreciated! Wow! I just hope I can get used to being so worn out at the end of the day. To all you fellow teachers out there, I am blown away with the amount of work you do to get ready, the work you do outside of your paid time, and the energy you put in! Thanks for all you do for the education of our countries little people!

Here are a few things that I have created for my class. This is why I haven't been as in touch with some of you lately as I'd like. Busy Busy!

I made a Dora Map to introduce our lesson on maps. We will discuss various kinds of maps and will even get to see a demonstration of Google Maps' satellite view of the preschool...


Here are our passports I made and got laminated. Inside it looks like a real passport complete with their photo, birth date and full name. Each of the 34 countries or places we will "visit" they will color a picture of their favorite thing they learned about and I will "stamp" their passports with a compass stamp.


When they come into the room each day, they can find their name stick and place into the school basket. Each of my 4 classes has a different color stick.


A Mini Bowling set for our upcoming Kingdom Kids Dad and Me Sports Night...The girls have enjoyed playing with it. I still need to create another set.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Too cute! You are going to rock this teaching gig and your students will be way blessed by you girlfriend!

Suzanne said...

Thanks Michelle! How's O liking Kindergarden?