Monday, August 22, 2011

Fashion Show 8th Birthday Party

It may not be every girls' dream, but it was Mikayla's. She wanted to be a Fashion Show diva for a night! I say it every year, but "This party was a lot of work!" We started the evening with some pizza and cupcakes (in the shape of an 8 of course). Then, after presents, Each girl choose a "diamond ring" with a number on the inside to divide up the girls. Each group started at a different table and then we would rotate through (at least that was the plan). The tables they could go to were: make up, decorate flip flops, decorate a mirror, and paint a tee shirt. When everyone was done, they went to Mikayla's room to dress up. We had boas, jewelry, and my old prom dresses hanging about to use. When everyone was ready, we went downstairs where the fashion runway waited to be lit up! (I used panels from the girls' closet door, laid material over them with white lights along the sides, chose some music, and Voila!) Mikayla had a blast! I'm hoping for Chucky Cheese next year though!

Pizza time.


Cupcakes!


Opening presents...I love this photo! Such a beautiful smile!


The Diva emerges!


The Fashion Show. My niece, Sophia had a fake microphone and announced the beginning of the show.












We just danced and celebrated when our Fashion Show was over:

No comments: