Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring is Finally Here!!

It has been so nice to be able to send the girls outside after school while I start on dinner. At the same time, I'm a bit overwhelmed with the things that now need to be done: yard work, wash and pack away winter outer wear, and figure out what the girls have outgrown and now need.

With the start of spring has come preparing for the 2011 Triathlon season. I did an indoor triathlon at the YWCA in Minneapolis this Sunday. It was a 600 yard swim, 10 mile bike, and a 2 mile run. For some reason, running is getting easier for me. I made 21 minutes for my run. Listening to good tunes really can quicken your step. I loved the cute signs the girls made for me. Hopefully, I will have some pictures soon to post.

Mikayla starts a theater class this Saturday. She says that she is nervous about it, but with her personality, I expect she'll get into it and do great! Now that spring is here, I'm going to push her to try to learn to ride her bike without training wheels. I don't know anyone her age that still has them. She's just afraid to hurt herself. Just getting a mere rug burn is traumatizing to her! Ahh, first born drama!

Elyana started spring swimming lessons this week. She was so so excited to be back into them and ran the whole way from the parking lot. We couldn't get dressed fast enough. I'm still trying to figure out what the girls will do this summer and what is logical budget-wise.

Right now, Elyana is watching Dora the Explorer and just reminded me of her father. She said, "Wait a minute, wait a minute. There is an owl in the background and it's daytime. Owls are only awake at night. They always do stuff like that! Geez!" Details, details.

No comments: