Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What the Jones Girls have been up to...

We needed to get Elyana officially registered for Kindergarten this week. After filling out all the paperwork, we realized that we needed her birth certificate and it was no where to be found. Mikayla took it upon herself to share this with Ellie. "Hey Ellie, how are you going to go to Kindergarten if mom and dad lost your special certificate?" Thanks so much Mikayla! Ellie, who is very into Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, twisted this information around in her head to mean, "I can't get in to Kindergarten until I find my golden ticket." So, when Nate arrived home this week with a new print out of her certificate, Ellie was relieved. I think she finally gained another pound this month. She's finally into 4T clothes and we even had to get her a new winter coat. At least they are on clearance this time of year! I asked her, "How did you get so much bigger?" Her dry reply, "Um, you fed me."
Mikayla is really thriving this year in 2nd grade. Recently she was tested for the gifted program and we are awaiting the results. Along with Ellie, she's growing like a weed this year. She's already outgrown all of the pants we got her for this fall and some of her shirts also. She's also seemed to finally make friends-a bunch of friends. Mikayla has been invited to a birthday party at Chucky Cheese for the 3rd Friday in a row. Her thoughts on this were, "Either a lot of people really like me or people think I have a lot of money." We have all been enjoying her science kit we got her for Christmas. Recently Nate and Mikayla have been trying to grow crystals in our linen closet. (Is the experiment done yet Nate-I'm getting tired of seeing it in there...) She's constantly bringing science books home from the school library and talking about which type of scientist she wants to be someday. Currently it's paleontology or geology. We've been trying to incorporate some of our experiments in with earning more American Heritage Girl badges. We just had our mid year award ceremony and she earned her horsemanship, travel, and kitchen scientist badge. I'm heading out of town this weekend for my annual ladies weekend away so we'll see what they work on this weekend. Oh, can't forget to share what Mikayla said in the bathtub this am..."Mermaids don't have to potty train because they don't have those parts." She's still cracking us up!

No comments: