Thursday, October 21, 2010

Every Girl is a Princess

Last weekend the girls and I took a road trip to Appleton, WI. Every year they have this really neat charity event that we attend.




When you arrive, each girl is paired up with a volunteer teenage girl (who is dressed in a prom dress). They address the girls by Princess Ellie or Princess Mikayla... Each girl is led to pick out a donated dress (which they get to keep), then to pick out donated jewelry, then a crown, and then they design their own wand. They are led up to a stage where they sit in a throne and they once again announce, "Here is Princess Mikayla, etc." and they get their picture taken.







Afterward, there is a fancy tea party. A funny thing happened during the tea party. Elyana had several mosquito bites on her legs and they started to itch. She asked if I could take her tights off. So, I tried to be discreet, and pulled them off. Unfortunately, I also pulled off her underwear and I didn't realize it at first. Ellie leans over and whispers in my ear, "Hey, I'd like to keep those."


Along the hallway are very fancy princess dresses that the girls wanted their picture taken with.


My sister's daughter, Sophia.


My sister, Christine and Elyana.




No comments: