Monday, September 13, 2010

Loving September-Sort of

We're loving this cooler weather, but I am surprised to still be getting mosquito bites. We've been taking more walks, bike rides when it's not raining. I'll jog with Ellie in the stroller to pick Kayla up from school when we can. Saturday we went out on the Douglas trail for a couple of miles. Nate pushed Ellie in our stroller, Kayla rode her bike, and I jogged next to Kayla. Sunday I took Kayla to the Northwoods Orchard with some friends. I think we've already eaten 1/2 a bag of the baby Gala apples.






What I haven't appreciated about September so far is that Elyana has been feverish and coughing. We are on day 8 now. Thursday they said it was Bronchitis. At Urgent Care over the weekend her lungs sounded good, but they are thinking that there was an underlying flu virus. I'm waiting for the Motrin to wear off today to see if the fever is actually gone or if I need to take her back in tomorrow. From the lack of sleep getting up with her in the night, we're worn out. I'm starting to get a sore throat and am fighting not to come down with whatever Ellie has. She's missed her first week of preschool. I'm praying that she can go back on Wednesday. We've been eating tons of Popsicles around here. So I think this picture is a good summary of our September so far.


Next week we are scheduled to have our 2010 family photos done by our good friends Scott and Jen with Midwest Lifeshots. I'm really excited although I have no idea what we are going to wear and am now praying we'll all be healthy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures Suzanne and Nate. You guys are so active and do so many great things, but until Ellie is better, just stay home and all of you do nothing except what just has to be done. I think how Ellie must not have been feeling good for the cave tour and all the other activity. That poor little thing. But now she should be better soon. If not I'd get her back in to the doctor.