Thursday, February 25, 2010

Illness and Winter Continue

I went away for my girls weekend. I came down with a cold on the way there. Then ended up with the Norwalk virus on top of the cold. My stomach still hurts and I'm still struggling with nauseousness. Slowly getting my energy back. We have a very busy weekend ahead so I'm hoping to heal up quickly. I have one month left to train for this triathlon and now I'm really taking a step backwards with this illness. I'm not a quitter though and maybe loosing a little weight from all this sickness will make me run that much faster ; )

The girls both are still fighting their colds. Although, they are happy and playing as if their fine. Mikayla's top tooth is going to come out soon and she will look very different for awhile. I hope I can get used to it!

I wanted to put in the following conversation Nate had with Mikayla last night. He wrote it down in an e-mail:

Last night I read the Dr. Seuss story "The Sneetches" to her. It's the one where some Sneetches have stars on their bellies and some don't and the star-belly sneetches don't let the plain-belly sneetches play with them and stuff.

I asked Kayla, "Is that right?"
She said, "No. Cuz the rule, for the whole world, is: be friends to everybody, if they're nice, like you can even have a thousand friends and be friends to everybody."

I said, "Well, if they're *nice*."

She said, "Yeah, if they're nice. But you can't love your friends."

"Wait. What?"

"Because each girl can only love one boy. Each girl chooses one boy and each boy chooses a girl. And then they get married."

"Well, yeah, but that's not until you're older. Like in college."

"Yeah. But I know I'm going to marry Drew."

(long pause) "Really? Why Drew?"

"Because he's nice. And he's quiet, and lets me do my work. And I'm quiet and let him do his work, too."

"Ok. But what if you meet someone else like in high school or college who is also quiet?"

"Hm… Well, then I'd invite them both over to my house, and we'd have a Quiet Contest."

"A Quiet Contest?"

"Yeah. To see who's the quietest."

"Oh. So, like, if one of them breathes loud like this" (I breathed heavily through my nose)

"Well, if they have a stuffy nose or something then that doesn't count."

I guess she's got it all worked out, then.

No comments: