Monday, February 15, 2010

Ballet and Gardening

Yesterday I bought Mikayla her ballet shoes and clothes for a YMCA class I signed her up for starting in a few weeks. She's was so excited she insisted she try everything on (even the tights) in the store. When someone came into the dressing room, she modeled her new outfit and as she twirled around in front of the 3-way mirror, she explained that she was a ballerina. She couldn't wait to put it on again when she got home and she and Ellie played dance most of the afternoon.



Today, I am declaring it spring as the girls and I began an indoor garden. We planted the seeds of the flowers and vegetables we will transplant into our garden when spring/summer comes. We planted some corn, green beans, carrots, zinnias, and a package of mixed spring flowers. (I have extra seeds if anyone would like them.) Then, we read their favorite book about gardening "Zinnia's Flower Garden." We followed that up with having a picnic snack on the floor.





Of course, kids playing with dirt inside can get messy, so I saved the cleaning for afterwards. A friend of mine lent me her Shark Steam Mop to try out. I wanted one really bad for Christmas. It would save me money and time when I clean houses. My dad gave me a gift certificate for Bed Bath and Beyond to put towards it. At the time, I thought I'd come up with the rest of the money in no time, but as soon as Christmas was over, Nate and I began saving up everything we can earn for a nice family vacation this summer. So, perhaps next year. I absolutely loved the Steam Mop. It's easy, light weight, cleans without chemicals, and drys in seconds. It's good to know that when I do buy it, I will know that I'm getting a good product.

Oh, and Nate wanted me to tell about what Ellie said last week. She was still struggling with her cold so I didn't want her to go to Cubbies. Since it was a special movie night at Sparks, I let her come with us. During the handbook time, Mikayla was trying to answer the question of what does the Old Testament promise. As she was starting to say, "It promises that God will send ...." Ellie bursts out randomly with "Boobies!" With that, I lost all control of my group and they were in hysteric giggles until movie time.

No comments: