Friday, October 17, 2008

MEA Weekend

What to do on a chilly rainy long weekend with two little girls sick with colds and coughs? First we went to the library to get movies and books. Then we played with playdough, set up our indoor play-tent and tunnel, and then played dress up. This picture is of Ellie dressed as superman, Tinkerbell, and a witch. She prefers to have her face covered with the witch hat every time for some reason.



Then, we worked on Mikayla's homework chart. She's pretty much caught up through October now! We even did number and letter flashcards. When I did the letter flashcards, Ellie would name the letter and Mikayla would give me the sound it makes. That's so crazy! Ellie will be reading for sure before Kindergarten.

Then, to tire them out, I moved the vehicles out of the garage and they are playing tennis, chalk, blowing bubbles, riding bikes in circles, etc. Thanks to Nate's hard work last year insulating the garage, we can play in there without freezing.



I'd like to add that I just fed the kids after all of that. My goodness they ate a lot. Ellie ate one whole orange, two boiled eggs, mac and cheese, one vienna sausage, and one 100 cal. pack of hostess creme cakes. Kayla ate well too, but can never match what Ellie eats (I can't either!).

No comments: