Mikayla has had a book for a few years now, Usborne First Encyclopedia of the Human Body. She's always been fascinated by it. Lately I've had a hard time getting her to use the bathroom. I have to force her to go before school in the morning, in the afternoon, and before bed. I have no idea how she can hold it that long. Anyway, out of frustration, I grabbed this book from her room and explained what urine is and why it isn't good to sit around inside your body. This is when I discovered that this is an Internet-linked book. You go to their website, type in the page number you're reading about in the book and there is interactive stuff. How did I not discover this sooner?! After all, the specific link on body elimination is soooo great (hear the hint of sarcasm?) Check it out yourself:
http://kidshealth.org/kid/htbw/_bfs_USmoviesource.html
There's another one that we actually learned a little from today. I'm not sure why they had to use an Arnold Schwarzineger type figure who says something like, "Help, my body is all floppy, help me find my skeletal system!" It is neat as he requests each system one by one and you have to click and drag each part to his empty body.
http://www.sciencenetlinks.com/interactives/systems.html
No comments:
Post a Comment