Friday, September 19, 2008

MP3 Players Don't Belong In Teeth!

After an hour of struggling with Ellie to get her to nap, I put in a movie for Mikayla and layed down. 10 minutes later, I'm wake up to hysterical crying. I bound down the stairs and find Mikayla sitting there with my MP3 player hanging out of her mouth. There's a little claw clasp at the end of the cord where you can attach headphones that go with it. That part was stuck good between her bottom two front teeth. "Why on earth did you stick it there?!" Her response was, "I wanted to listen to music!" "You don't listen to music with your teeth!" The more we pulled, the more I was afraid of a tooth busting or chipping and the more she screamed. Geez. So, what do I do? I call up Nate (like he would know what to do or something!!!) Here's his description of the conversation:

Phone call from Suzanne: "I have a situation and I don't know what to do… (crying in the background) Kayla got my MP3 player stuck in between her teeth!"

Crying, wailing, and gnashing of teeth/mp3 player and then later, Suzanne finally managed to pull it out. So then I overhear this through the phone:

"Mikayla don't ever put anything in between your teeth again!"
Kayla's response: "Why?"

Lessons learned, indeed.

No comments: