We started off the Christmas season with a private recital at Schmitt's Music Store, where Mikayla has been taking violin lessons from her awesome teacher, Jessica. Elyana enjoyed the hot cocoa!
Sophia came to visit and we made some ugly cookies!
Elyana and I participated in the ugly sweater contest at our church. Here is Elyana's. I think she should have won!
Here is the back of mine. It's a vest. On the back, I hot glued a mirror so it looks like you are Santa when you look at it. It cracked and so I put a Christmas bandaid on it.
| Elyana and her best friend, Inessa. Inessa came to our house to decorate sweaters. |
We were allowed to go visit Sophia for Christmas and so we took a last minute trip to Appleton to see her. Here is what three teens do when they are hanging out...electronics.
| We ate dinner at Denny's and said goodbye. |
| Christmas Eve dinner was chili dogs. I didn't like my gluten free bun and the kids made me take a photo of my poopy looking plate. |
| Elyana got this miniature sewing kit for Christmas. |
| I received the family's nativity set back from my brother-in-law. My mom had painted each piece when I was little. It's very precious to me! |
| Here is my Christmas village. The cat loves to prowl the streets at night, swiping people left and right. |
| Our Christmas tree. It was guarded this year by an awesome machine that sprays the cat if she gets near it. |
| Family photo with my dad in front of our fire place. |
New Year's Eve meal was incredible. I want to do this each year. We had fondue. Our fondue pot came from Goodwill.
We also enjoyed a chocolate fountain. So yummy!
Christmas break came to a quick end, but I love that Elyana wasn't too old to build a reading fort by the tree with me. I hope she remembers these times.
No comments:
Post a Comment