Saturday, November 2, 2013

October 2, 2013

It's been awhile since I've updated the blog. I have tons of pics to sort through so that's always a sign that I'm behind. I am working more hours this year, still being an assistant leader for Mikayla's American Heritage Girl group, and co-leading a Bible Study on the book Where is God When It Hurts. October began with my birthday. I share a birthday with my sister who passed away in March so it was a difficult one. My mom and I put some fall flowers on her grave and ate lunch with my niece at her school.  Then we traveled on to Door County where we stayed at a cute place right by the lake.  We shopped at tons of little stores, dined out a lot, and toured an old lighthouse.  It was just what I needed to get through my first birthday without my sister.  If you have never been to Door County, put it on your bucket list.  It is a beautiful place, especially during Fall.


View from the top

Don't quite like heights so notice me holding on as I took this photo!

 




View from right outside our place. Spectacular!
Where we stayed.

No comments: