Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Being Crafty

I am officially done teaching and have time to catch up on the blog.  Below are some photos of things I've done last month.  First is a wreath I made to decorate my sister's grave for Mother's Day. I placed a solar light cross on it to be a shining light at night. I'm a bit annoyed of the cemetery regulations. You can only have a wreath at the grave for seven days before and after a summer holiday. It makes me sad, but what can you do.





The next photo is of some things that I did for my classroom. I found an old wooden frame without the glass. I got the idea that I could use it on my bulletin board. I could use even to frame the star artist of the month.  The month I used it we were studying how Picasso drew faces.  The kids got to collage their own faces.


On the last day of my art class I created a stencil with our school logo. I found some great stencil paper at Hobby Lobby. I blew the logo up on my laptop and created with word art the rest.  Then I traced it onto the stencil and cut it out with an Exacto knife.  It was time consuming, but I love the idea that I can create my own stencil. The kids loved their bags and had fun decorating them with fabric markers. We did a lesson on what is fabric made of and got them thinking about the artist that design the patterns/art onto them.


No comments: