Saturday, January 5, 2013

How to Spend a January in Minnesota

Despite the teen digits, the girls and I got out and went sledding after school on Friday. We went over to RCLC school and their hill was just perfect (not too steep, but just enough steepness for a good ride).  It all started by me purchasing a new sled since ours from last year deflated. My only regret is that  I should have purchased it during winter break so they would have wanted to get outside instead of bickering from boredom. On our way back to the car, the girls discovered a cool "cave" that some kids had carved out in the snowbank.









Elyana is still enjoying a little doll table and chairs she received for Christmas. She was busy with it today and was so cute that I snapped a few pictures.

I have been having fun trying out a whole new curriculum for a Home school art class group I will be teaching. This is a picture of a neat idea that is so easy. You take a sheet of peel and stick felt, draw a landscape design on the paper side of the felt.  You peel a section away at a time and decorate it with embroidery floss.  You can also use tiny beads or glitter.  When you are done, you can paint a coat of watered down glue and let it dry for a nice protective coat. I'm also working on a neat kinetic wire sculpture for the kids to do.  In my preschool class I am working on a fun Picasso lesson.





We have a busy week coming up: ice skating tomorrow with American Heritage Girls (AHG), AHG award ceremony on Monday, gymnastics on Tuesday, Bible Study on Wednesday.  I am also embarking on a nutrition program I've started through my chiropractor. I'm hoping to make some lifestyle changes that will make me healthier, happier, and skinnier. 2013, here we goooooooooo!!!!!!


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Fun photos! I think Olivia and Emma made that snow cave a couple of weeks ago during the snow day.