Monday, February 7, 2011

February So Far

We're still enduring a cold Minnesota Winter. If it would just get out of the single digits up to the 30's I think I will celebrate and wear shorts! Elyana especially has been asking me when Spring will come.

Two weekends ago, I was so blessed to be invited to my best friend's "cabin" on Lake Petenwell. I did embrace Winter and cross country skied on the frozen lake. It was beautiful. I could wake up and do that everyday. I also discovered Just Dance for the wii. I realized that I don't have to do my "time" at the gym, but I can have tons of fun getting an incredible workout. Now I just have to save up my money to purchase a copy.

The girls have been busy getting their Valentines ready. Mikayla is currently doing a read-a-thon at her school. Any donations towards her goal would be awesome! She's discovered she enjoys reading science books in her spare time. Lately, she has been reading books about fossils and can't put them down. We've still been enjoying the science kit we got Mikayla for Christmas. She and Nate have grown a Chrystal in our closet. It looks like fossilized miniature Cheetos's to me, but hey!


Mikayla and I have been making really cute pom pom pets also.


I'm still enjoying crocheting very much. I made my sister a hat and scarf to match her new coat. I was so eager to get it to her, that I forgot to take a photo. Ellie has a new coat, so I got another opportunity to make her a hat also. You can't quite tell in the picture, but the hat is very glittery with tiny sequins. I want to fleece line it, but I don't know how to do that yet.

I had to include this picture. As I type this, Ellie has made a volcano and a pool out of playdough and is playing with her Polly Pockets in it. Very funny listening to her, "Stay in the pool where it's safe? Oh no, we have to cool off from that terrible volcano next door...." I love her active imagination!


As soon as I figure how to get photos off of my new cell phone (It's an Android!) I will post pictures of the girls learning to ice skate on our next door neighbors rink.

On a final note, I am looking into becoming a para professional in the girls school district. I'm not sure if next year would work or if I should wait until Ellie is in 1st grade. Someone asked me last night what I would do with all of my time next year when Ellie is in half day kindergarten. I'm thinking that volunteering in 2 classrooms, bible study, exercising, running errands, and cleaning houses will take up most of that time. The time will pass very quickly I'm sure.

No comments: