Mikayla was wearing this fancy shirt this week. She complained that it make her itchy. I suggested we donate it to some people who could use it. She replied, "Mommy, why would the poor people want to itch?" Ha, good point I guess.
Ellie was running really hard today and came up to me panting. "Running makes my arms hurt," she said.
Our sad garden has produced one green bean and one raspberry. I wish I had a green thumb. The kids get so excited checking it everyday to see what's growing. Usually, it's more like checking it to see what's been eaten by chipmunks, slugs, or ants.
It is the first week of summer break and Ellie and I are fighting colds. I didn't mind it so much when we had rain for a week straight, but now that it's nice out, I'm ready to feel better and charge into summer. I'm also frustrated that my hand isn't fully healed from the carpel tunnel surgery. I tried to get a closer follow-up appointment, but they are booked until my appointment scheduled for July 12. Mostly, I'm missing riding my bike. Jogging is okay, but my knees don't really agree.
I'll end on a positive note and say I think we have Ellie potty trained. Whew! Just in time for her to turn 4!
1 comment:
you still have some time before the raspberries will come in strong...usually mid July, so don't give up:)
I wish I had a green thumb too! I can do tomatoes, cucumbers and a couple of strawberries. I am hoping for rutabaga this year, but it is all Kevin's show:)
Post a Comment