Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Busy Busy

I think I've been more busy this summer than during the school year. Wow! This Sunday am is the Triathlon in Kenosha, WI. One final week of hard training combined with normal mom stuff (kids swim lessons, groceries, errands, etc.) Today Mikayla dressed up her teddy bears for winter. Elyana dressed up for winter too (and I think she really believed it was winter). We opened the garage door to go to swim lessons and Ellie walks outside in her winter hat and scarf and says, "Where'd my winter go? I was gonna go sledding!" It took some convincing to get her to not go to Walmart with me wearing her stuff.

So, my mom gave me the coolest book to use with Mikayla this coming school year. It's called Love-U-Grams by Marianne Richmond. It's basically a book filled with perforated postcards, notes, and coupons. One section has little notes to stash in their lunchbox. These say things like: "Make your teacher laugh," "Your incredible," Sending you a hug," etc. Another section is coupons that say things like: "This coupon is good for one mom and me activity of your choice," "This coupon is good for staying up one hour past your bedtime," "This coupon is good for renting one movie of your choice," etc. Very cool idea for a book! Thanks mom!

No comments: